Published on: 10th May 2018
27 September 2018
9.30am - 16.30pm
The Village Hotel
This workshop is based on Prof Reed’s book, The Research Impact Handbook, which will give you everything you need to generate real-world impacts from your research. You will leave with practical tools you can use immediately in your research, whatever your discipline and career stage. The training is based on the latest research evidence and takes a unique relational approach to deliver wide-reaching and lasting impacts.
The workshop will be delivered in a classroom environment, with all materials provided to delegates. The content will be delivered through a rich blend of teaching and discussion. N.B. Whilst parking is available at the Village hotel, this is not something which organisers will be able to arrange, so delegates will be expected to complete this individually.
• Each participant receives a copy of The Research Impact Handbook, plus worksheets: www.fasttrackimpact.com
• One-to-one follow-up via Skype or telephone with Prof Reed for every participant who opts for ongoing support.
Who should attend?
The workshop is tailored towards researchers, with the focus of the day being:
• Learn about evidence-based principles for delivering research impact when you don’t have much time
• Be challenged to think critically about how you plan for, track and report impacts as you discuss impact case studies or pathways to impact
• Discover easy and quick-to-use templates you can use immediately to:
– Prioritise which stakeholders and the public to engage with first
– Create a powerful impact plan that will guarantee your research makes a difference without wasting your time
– Take the pain out of impact tracking.
The workshop is being delivered at no cost to delegates, but a cancellation fee may be charged if attendees fail to attend.
There will be limited places for the workshop available, please email Sarah Toomey on email@example.com to confirm your interest and any special dietary requirements you may have by Wednesday 23rd May.
Thursday 24th May, a confirmation will be sent out to confirm the final list of attendees able to attend, as well as any reserve list that may be applicable.